Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Kaul Mukah 2023

Kaul is a Melanau annual festival usually held in the end of April. The word "kaul" means "coming together" in Melanau language. Pesta Kaul is a festival with Melanau food, games and beauty pageant competition. This year, it was held from Wednesday, April 26 to Monday, May 1.

My brother and I left Kuching at 6am and reached Sibu at 11am. We stopped for lunch at food court where I had rice with fried talapia and barley juice.
We left Sibu at 3pm and reached Mukah at 5pm on Sunday, April 30, 2023. 
We went to Pesta Kaul straight away. This is the first time I have ever been to Pesta Kaul considering I have always wanted to go but the timing was not right so glad that I finally made it this year.
There are 2 tibow available ~ didn't take a photo though. Tibow is a 20-foot high swing where youths dive from a high bamboo and catch a swinging rope as it reaches the height of its arc. Then one after another up to eight people hang in a clump from the giant swing. 

Five of us visited the stalls and walked along the beach. We had dinner there after we had the gula apong ice-cream which was so sweet. Yeah, we have desserts before dinner.
My brothers and sister-in-law joined the 5km fun run on Monday, May 1, 2023.

My brother and I left Mukah at 3pm and reached Sibu at 5pm on Monday, May 1, 2023.

Till next week, happy to be in Sarawak more than once a year again.

No comments:

Post a Comment