Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Painting

Painting and drawing is the art of of using a pigmented medium to create a picture of reality filtered through the imagination, the senses, emotions and life experience.  Artists used many styles - photorealism, realism, painterly, impressionism, expressionism, abstract, etc. in their paintings and drawings. They also used many techniques - oil, pastel, acrylic, watercolour, ink, spray paint, etc. 

With that intro, sounds like I'm gonna say I like painting or drawing or I'm good at it ...LOL.  Far from it, actually.  I was just gonna say I wanna buy... and that I have always wanted to have paintings in my house.

I have been looking around for the appropriate ones which, of course, affordable so last Saturday, I went to Galeri Seni Asa Damai located at No.38, Jalan SS19/6, 47500 Subang Jaya.  Not an easy place to find for those who are not familiar with Subang Jaya area.

This is my second visit to the gallery.  I came here about five months ago but didn't buy anything then.  This time, after looking around and taking into consideration my small budget, I bought one painting.
I definitely would like to have more.  Well, I like abstract and scenery paintings.  Gonna have to go visit more art galleries.

Till next week, hope to be able to put it up on the wall ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment