Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reading books

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life." - W. Somerset Maugham.  

Reading is an activity many wish they do more but just don't find the time.  Reading a good book can be enjoyable. Reading can relieves us from stress.

I started reading books at a very young age and since then, I have never stopped.  Back then, I read The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew Mysteries, books by Stephen King, The Famous Five by Enid Blyton, Beverly Hills 90210 by Mel Gilden and so on.
I like to read both fiction and non-fiction books - mystery/suspense, thrillers, crime, romance, etc.
I've read Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven and For One More Day by Albom Mitch, Sex in The City, Lipstick Jungle, Trading Up, Four Blondes, Fifth Avenue and The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks, Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami and many many more.  I could just go on and on with the books I've read over the years...  there are too many. I'm reading The House of the Mosque by Kader Abdolah at the moment.

I'm trying to make more time reading by cutting back on TV or internet consumption.  Hmmm not easy ~_^

Till next week, let's read a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment