Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Losing my wisdom

Brushing and flossing our teeth everyday is important but a regular visit to the dentist is just as important.  It's important to visit our dentist every six months to make sure our teeth and gums are healthy.  Not that I do that... well, I brush and floss everyday but a visit to dentist every six months? No, only when I broke my tooth which happened again recently. My last visit to dentist was on April 2, 2011, also for broken tooth.

Last Friday I visited my dentist at Red Apple Dental Clinic and got filling for my two teeth and extraction of my wisdom tooth. Before removing the wisdom tooth, the dentist gave me a local anaesthetic to numb the area where the tooth will be removed. It was a minor procedure that took only a few minutes. I was advised not to take hot and spicy meal afterwards.  Instead I was asked to take cold drinks and greatly encouraged to eat ice-cream :) It sounds great except that I don't take cold drinks :(

Grateful that I was able to go through the rest of the weekend without fever or pain.  Didn't even have to take the painkillers.

Till next week, getting used to losing my wisdom tooth :(

No comments:

Post a Comment