Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Travelling to Miri and Kuching

2012 is a leap year so there is a 29th day in February and today is the day... yeah! Not that it matters, just feels like mentioning it :) 

I was assigned to do briefing for Miri and Kuching branches last week.  Well, work is not everything so I'm not gonna share about the briefing... just the travelling and the accommodation ;) 

Last Wednesday, February 22, 2012, my flight to Miri took off right on time at 4.25pm and reached Miri Airport at 6.40pm.  Went straight to the hotel ~ Imperial Palace Hotel, located in Pelita Commercial Centre.
Imperial Palace Hotel consists of 154 standards rooms ~ mine is one of them ~ , 146 superior rooms, 4 deluxe rooms and 3 junior suites.  Rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi connection, television, bath tub, 

 iron and ironing board, safe,
 mini bar,
tea and coffee and more.

As I was hungry and not familiar with the area, I ordered room service ~ dry cantonese beef kuay teow.
The next morning I had buffet breakfast at Menawan Restaurant.  After I check-out of the room, I was treated for lunch at Han Palace Restaurant, Grand Palace Hotel, also located in Pelita Commercial Centre.

In the evening I took the flight to Kuching at 9.05pm and reached Kuching International Airport at 10.05pm.  Went straight to the hotel ~ Grand Continental Hotel, located in the heart of Kuching City. There are 192 rooms and suites available. Obviously it is smaller than the one in Miri.



The next morning, I had breakfast buffet at Jala Mas Coffee House where I also had lunch later after the briefing before I checked out.

Left Kuching International Airport at 4.15pm and reached LCCT at 5.45pm on Sunday, February 26, 2012. Work has been so chaotic nowadays that I was glad to get away from the office even though it is still for work.

Till next week, let's just take a deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment