Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Celebrating Christmas 2011 and mourning on new year 2012

"On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds, 
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!"

Tomorrow will be the twelfth day of Christmas and the fifth day of the new year 2012.

Christmas is the season of giving ~.^
and most importantly, Christmas is all about spending time with family.  This time around, I spent it with my grandmother, mother, sisters, brother, uncles, aunts and cousins.

As for welcoming the new year, I did exactly the same as previous years.  I just sit back home and watched tv on new year eve and spent the new year day at the airport catching the flight back.

On the first day of this new year, I received a devastating news: my grandmother has passed away. I may not be there with my family as we mourn her loss and make the arrangements to lay her to rest but my thoughts are. 

Till next week, may her soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment