Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My day

I dreaded this day every year my whole life.  It's a day when it struck you that you are soooo old now.  You suddenly realised that there are soooo many things that you wanna do but yet to do, so many dreams yet to be achieved and then you wondered where have all those years gone?  I've never planned what I'm gonna do when it comes.  I just know that I'm gonna take the day off work.

This year, the celebration started on Monday morning.  A colleague bought breakfast for me at Subway Cafe, Wisma UOA, Damansara Heights.  In the evening, my cousin bought me dinner at Seed Cafe, Mid Valley and mango yogurt cake.
On Tuesday, of course, I received tons of birthday wishes via sms and a colleague even recorded herself singing the birthday song to me ~ so touched...

In the evening, a friend bought me dinner at Hokkaido Ichiba, The Gardens.  We had yaki udon
 eel with omelette don
miso soup
agedashi tofu ~ tofu tempura with sauce ~
ebi gyoza ~ prawn dumplings ~
and last but not least, chocolate tuxedo from Starbucks
Today, I'm back to work with belated birthday wishes.  My department bought lunch for a colleague  and I at Ben's, Pavilion.  Love the chocolate truffle.  

In the evening, after work, another friend bought me dinner at Seoul Korea (not the country ya, the restaurant), Taman Desa.
They serve the customary side dishes - kimchi, mushrooms, seaweed, anchovies, peanuts, lady fingers, cucumber and others...
 As main dish, we choose Mae-Bulgogi.  It's Korean's favourite Beef Bulgogi (marinated beef, mushroom, glass noodle in special soup)
The portion is huge and the soup is delicious! I am so full :)

Thanks a lot friends!!  The day is now over. I'm a year older, hopefully a year wiser, healthier and happier (?)

Till next week, wishing myself a year full of good health...

No comments:

Post a Comment